"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin


Dear Elder Wirthlin,

You've been on my mind the last few days.
Sunday I reread the wonderful talk you gave at General Conference in October and marked it up some more.

I watched you talk one last time on our DVR before the Dish man came to switch out our satellites Monday

I spoke of you in Scripture Class Tuesday and promised that we would study your talk next week.

Also, Tuesday when one of my daughters called to talk about a problem I encouraged her with the words your mother taught you so long ago which you shared in this talk, COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT.

Later in the day I received an email announcing you have passed away.
http://www.meridianmagazine.com/churchupdate/081203wirthlin.html

Now you are with your beloved wife, parents, cousin Gordon and so many other loved ones.


I am happy for you.
Sad for us.
Sad for me,
But, Come what may and love it.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elder Wirthlin's passing is definitely bittersweet, just as you described it. On Sunday we attended Kaci and Raleigh's ward in Eagle Mountain and their bishop gave the lesson in the combined third hour meeting. He chose Elder Wirthlin's talk from October Conference...how timely was that? So his words were fresh on my mind when I heard the news yesterday morning while I was out walking in my neighborhood. One of the reasons I love living here is because of moments like that...there I was out walking with my friend, in our wonderful neighborhood, chatting away, when we were stopped by another wonderful friend who told us about Elder Wirthlin's passing. Then we stood there remembering him...it was a sweet moment.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is a beautiful sentiment Kris---loved him too and I love you!
cindy

Jan's Blog said...

Kris, this post really touched me and inspired me. I can't wait to learn more about Elder Wirthlin, beginning with his funeral this afternoon. Thank you!

JaNae said...

Beautiful post Kris.