"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Wednesday, December 17, 2008


Where was Kris last Saturday morning?


Driving to Arizona all by herself.
The early morning sky was glorious.




This fella is the reason I drove to Arizona. This is Steele. He is our oldest grandchild. He was ordained a deacon and passed the sacrament for the first time last Sunday.


He looked like a young man in his new suit.
He fulfilled his assignment reverently; not making a single mistake. He looked confident but later he told me his legs were trembling.

Although I am old enough to be his grandma and have watched the sacrament blessed and passed for many years the authority to do so is not mine. With humility and gratitude I accepted the emblems of Christ's atonement via the hand of a darling 12 year old grandson with tears in my eyes.

5 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

Oh Kris...the way you describe this sacred moment brought tears to my eyes. I'm glad it was such a wonderful trip for you.

Laura said...

You are such a sweet lady & Grandma! I love reading your posts. Love ya!

Shannon said...

I just love that boy. What a hunk!

Sherrie said...

Steele looks so handsome, I can't you drove to Arizona by yourself! You're a wonderful Grandma! I talked to Lynn this week. Se received your package and beautiful letter to Sara. She was so appreciative and wanted my to thank you so much. She was very touched.

Sheryl said...

I can hardly believe he is 12 already! I remember that beautiful baby boy, and now, what a handsome young man!