"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, December 7, 2008


This is Steele. We celebrated his 12th birthday while in Arizona for Thanksgiving. He will receive the priesthood today.
Following in our family tradition--Steele LOVES basketball AND he is very good at it. He practices every chance he can get. I think a ball is permanently attached to his hand!
Speaking of hands Steele has wonderful hands. I have loved to watch him learn to play tunes on the piano. We sat together at the piano




















This is Slater. He is 8. He called and asked me to come a day earlier to Arizona so I could help out in his classroom. How could I ever resist such an invitation? Grandpa and I were ready in a flash to speed our way to the Jarman home. We arrived just 30 minutes before the scheduled time to assist the teacher with a writing activity. Rebecca and I edited the class writing assignment. Slater's paper was perfect!

Slater helped me make one of the pies for Thanksgiving. He is good in the kitchen.

5 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

These are two very handsome and accomplished young men. You must be very proud of them!

Grammy Staffy said...

What sweet and handsome boys. Didn't I teach Steele in my preschool class at the high school? How could he have grown so fast.

I am glad that you had such a nice trip.

Anonymous said...

These pictures are sooo cute. I'm glad you got to spend the holiday with so many of your grandchildren. I can't believe that Steele is 12 and he's so tall!! Basketball, for sure, looks like his sport. Slater is as cute as I remember him...and he can cook! What could be better than that. I hope you're having a wonderful Christmas season.

Sherrie said...

It was so fun catching up on all your Thanksgiving activities and Rebecca's boys are so big and handsome. They all grow up way to quickly. Two questions, why were you driving through Southern Utah AT NIGHT instead of staying here where you are safe from those deer? And second, when were you at Hobbie Lobbie, I was there too! I'm sorry we keep playing phone tag, lets keep trying.

Shannon said...

Ummm I love those boys!