"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Deer Miracle



How many times have you seen a sign on the road cautioning that it is a wild animal crossing area and NEVER seen a one animal? I usually hope we will see wild life.

Craig and I drove from Utah after visiting Joel's family and Craig's mom to Arizona where we would be celebrating Thanksgiving. We decided to make it a 2 day journey. As we drove through southern Utah in the dark of night we noticed the warning sign that deer are in the area.
I offered a silent prayer that we would not harm one of Heavenly Father's deer and that they wouldn't harm us. Later....one was walking alongside the road not even attempting to cross the road.

The next morning there were similar signs. Together Craig and I offered the same prayer. Not long afterward a deer walked along the side of the road. Later as the road took a turn we came upon a deer family of four whom had just completed crossing the road as we came upon them. The last one was just barely off the road as we passed.

I see Miracles.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

I love how YOU can help create miracles! I have been in the car when one of those beauties was hit, and it is so sad indeed for all concerned. You are so proactive even in the miracle department! You are amazing!

Grammy Staffy said...

Dear Kris,
This is the first day in weeks that I could take it easy...and I have enjoyed reading all of your last posts. I so enjoy reading what you write and seeing the world through your inspired eyes.

I too will miss Elder Wirthlin. His last talk in conference was solis to my soul. What a dear and sweet man. Was his funeral today? If so I missed it. I have had Christmas music on all day and have not watched TV. I bet I should haved looked n KBYU today.

I bet your home looks beautiful all dressed up for Christmas....but then....your home always looks beautiful.

Have a great weekend. Love, Lura

Jan's Blog said...

I learned several lessons from this blog of way to improve myself and my practices. First, to recognize warning (deer crossings), and second to pray about them, as opposed to just giving passing thought, and third to make an effort to recognize the blessing when it comes (deer standing by the side of the road, not to mention the ones you never saw), and lastly, having recognized the blessing, say a prayer of thanks rather than just go "cool" which I'm often quilty of. You set a wonderful example!!!

Shannon said...

You are so right, we don't usually see the deer out. Until it's too late. And just for the record sometimes its the deer that his us...

I'm sure you will be able to use this insite in a talk or lesson some day.