This Coveted Award was given to me by Lura, a dear friend. It is given to bloggers you feel are honest in their words and dealings with others. I consider it an honor and thank Lura for it. That's the Good Thing.
The Bad Thing is that it comes with responsibility. Now I must divulge 10 things that others may not know about me. It isn't that I am not willing to share it's that it takes time to think!
This 'assignment' came a few days ago... sorry to be so slow, Lura.
1. I wish that I was more meticulous. I am a 'that's pretty good' kind of person.
2. I have dreams of being a Dancer, Singer, Writer, Artist, and Jewelry Designer
3. I wish I were a better friend to all my children, sisters and friends. There are so many times when I think to call and chat and just don't want to. I love the silence and get so tired of having a phone attached to my head.
4. I don't really enjoy going out to lunch because I hate to spend the money on food that will just make me tired and fat. I'd rather have an Isagenix shake which leaves me with energy. But, I love to be with friends...so I go.
5. And, if I want to get fat I would rather eat a Hagan Daz vanilla ice cream bar coated in chocolate and almonds!!!!!!!!
6. I LOVE to go to the fair. A dream vacation is to go to the Iowa and Minnesota State Fairs.
7. The sound of shuffling feet is a pet peeve. Once while walking the boardwalk along the beach someone followed my for MANY minutes shuffling their feet loudly. It was all I could do to not turn around and SCREAM at her to "pick up your feet!!!!" But, I didn't.
9. Reading is delicious. There are so many books waiting for me in our home that I am anxious to get to BUT for some crazy reason (not my Mom or Craig's fault, in the least) I believe that reading is a reward for having all your chores done. Since they are NEVER done (the list in my head in endless) I feel guilty to stop and read. This is unreasonable and I force myself to NOT believe it. It's hard though.
9. Ditto above only change out reading for playing the piano. Isn't this sad? Hey, I'm gong to stop right now and go play.....
Proof that I am not meticulous....
1. I can't edit the size of the fonts on this post....it won't let me for some reason
AND
2. Did you notice there are 9 instead of the required 10 haHA!






5 comments:
This was a very interesting post, on so many levels!! I felt like as I read along your words were getting louder and louder and I found myself shouting them in my mind. I did enjoy learning all those new things about you, although I'm not sure I believe the meticulous one, I think you are extremely meticulous BUT this is an "honestly" award so I guess it must be true. Thanks for sharing.
Oops, "honesty" award
Wow, that was intense. Before I realized you couldn't control the font I began to wonder if you were having some kind of breakdown! But, I truly did enjoy your post and getting to know these things about you. I never knew before that you play the reward game, which I have done all my life. I think we both need to pitch that one out on it's ear!!! Thanks for your honest sharing.
Thanks for doing your meme with this award. Like Nancy I think that you are meticulous too but I guess we will have to take your honest word for it....but since your home is always meticulously perfect I have my doubts.
I thought the type size was for dramatic effects.
When I was teaching I had the "awards" attitude about reading and only let myself enjoy a good book on Sat. mornings. Now that I am retired I have started reading any time I want....even if my floors are not mopped!!! Can you believe it???? Don't tell anyone it is a secret.
You are so cute, and it is fun to know you are not TOTALLY Perfect. It keeps you here with us, so I like it!!
Post a Comment