"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, January 4, 2009

The 12 Night Holiday Slumber Party

The 12 Night Slumber Party just ended.
It began December 23rd when Joel, Lori and their 2 children arrived for Christmas.
The party ended this morning as they drove back to Utah. They were followed by our Arizona family-the Jarman's.
How do Grandma and Grandpa feel? Sad. I cried.
Tomorrow we will clean the house.
Today we will enjoy the little evidences of their visit such as
used towels,
strewn toys,
scrapbooking scraps
and leftovers in the fridge.

Some things I want to remember:

Steele
(12 years) babysat 5 children so the adults could go out to dinner and a movie. All the children thought he was fun... he led them in a talent show and then performed magic for them.


















Slater
(8years) "I want to sit by Grandma."














Carter (age 8) laughs so enthusiastically and his toothless grin!



















Makayla (age 6) Has a sweet temperment even when tempted otherwise by her little brother. While he was making loud noices I asked her if she ever got tired of her little brother. "No," was her sweet answer.














Italia (age 5) kissing my arm, as we made dolls together, with little precious pecks and saying, "Grandma, I love you."

















Corbin
(4 years) gives the best hugs and makes sure everyone gets one. Oh--and the way he drops a bowling ball on the lane with such power!


















Micah's
(4 years ) little high pitched voice coming up the stairs saying, "Grandma, where are you? Grandma, I need you."


















Cooper (20 months)wanting me to hold him and then telling me he had a headache and an earache and sure enough he did!




















AND


Bowling
















Scandia
















Sea World


















New Years Eve




















The Museum




















Going to Kelli's



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris, I wondered where you were...now I get it!! Sounds like a very fun holiday time, cute pictures of cute kids. Happy New Year to you all!

Rebecca said...

You two sure know how to show your family a good time!

Jan's Blog said...

This looks like the best 12 night holiday slumber party ever. All your grandchildren are just precious. You inspire me to make my time with Darien special in new and interesting ways. Happy New Year!

Lauri said...

Looks like you packed a lot of fun activities into your 12 days. Such good looking grandchildren. Happy New Year!

Grammy Staffy said...

ahhh....so sweet. What wonderful memories.... what beautiful children.

Like you, I am sad today. David and his family were the last to leave today. I've been in tears every since they all left but also like you I am filled with wonderful memories. We have had 19 here most of the week...it has been hectic and wonderful.

We are surely blessed aren't we?
Happy New year sweet friend. Hugs, Lura

Sherrie said...

I felt exactly like you did when everyone left. Was it hectic,yes! Would we do it again in a minute, of course. It looks like you a fun filled holiday season and the grandchildren are so darling. I just finished cleaning up the glitter and fingerprints yesterday!

Grammy Staffy said...

Hello Friend,
Please drop by my blog and pick up an award Marie gave me and I am passing it on to you.

Also if you look at my last post you will see some of the fun stuff we did....not as exciting as all of the things you did with your family but fun just the same.

Love, Lura

JaNae said...

What a perfect way to capture your 12 days of Christmas! I love getting to know your grandchildren who are so cute! I am still hoping you want to adopt another family...mine of course!

Love you!

Sheba's Mommy said...

I enjoyed reading about your sweet grandchildren and their wonderful qualities. Sounds like you are a very lucky Grandma!

Shannon said...

We did have a good time didn't we. And you do have darling grandkids if I say so myself.