"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, January 25, 2009

One Fine Week

MONDAY-- Craig and I joined Shannon, Derek and their 2 boys for family night. They had a family fire drill. We ran to the 'safe spot' to practice our skills. Corbin threw in a couple of earthquake drills too. He also loved the Stop, Drop and Roll drill.

TUESDAY-- The first few verses of the Epistle of James were the content of my scripture study class. It is in inspiring to consider that the very words written by the brother of Jesus took Joseph Smith to the grove to meet the Saviour and the Father.

WEDNESDAY--After a lovely morning in the temple I met an angel at the airport. 90 year old Beth sat by me on the plane to Utah. She also serves in the temple, is a widow of 27 years, has been on 5 missions and is a health enthusiast. She taught me wonderful ideas about health and zest for life. It felt like Heavenly Father placed an angel in my life for a brief moment. YOGA here I come. She stands on her head everyday for 14 minutes ! What do you think?

THURSDAY--How sweet to watch my son give a priesthood blessing to his wife before taking her to the hospital for a tonsilectomy.
For me it was a day with 2 adorable grandchildren. We decorated Momma's room, made cookies, read lots of books, and played games.

FRIDAY--Another day of play. In the evening I went out on my own to explore. How fun to buy a couple of books to help Shannon with ideas for Primary at COSTCO! Utah is amazing.

SATURDAY--Joel took over the family for the day and I went to visit Craig's mom. I took down the Christmas decorations that I had put out. We had a delightful visit.

SUNDAY---SNOW! At first it looked like the snow on Lura's website. After church the snow began to stick. Beautiful beautiful snow....so long as you are warm and cozy inside.



7 comments:

Shannon said...

What a great week. I wish I was there with you in Utah, but I'm sure that with my boys running around Lori wouln't get much quiet relaxing time.

Can't wait to see the books you found and I want to do Yoga with you.

Sheryl said...

We missed you today at church, and Craig let us know how "it is not good that man should be alone" your honey misses you, but you already know that! so glad your family gets you to bless their lives for a few days! Hurry home!

Jan's Blog said...

Sounds like a week in heaven. Everyday a blessing in some way. They are all around us and it always impresses and teaches me that you seem to find those blessings more than most. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Love you...

Grammy Staffy said...

What a nice week. I hope that Lori is doing well. I know that she is blessed to have you there helping.... and I know you are blessed being there with them.

Have a great time. When are you coming home? You know that you are missed when you are gone.

Love, Lura

Anonymous said...

That does sound like a mighty fine week! Sorry about Lori's tonsils, I hope she's recovering fast. Kami had hers out about 18 months ago. We had heard it was a very difficult surgery for an adult and were expecting the worst. We went into the recovery room and she was sitting up talking to everyone. Then we brought her home and she had a burrito, she hardly had a sore throat. It was pretty amazing, so I'm wishing the same for Lori. I hear there is a lot of snow up north, just sit in the house and look at it from the window and don't drive! I hope you have a fun visit with your family.

Lauri said...

When you stand on your head for 14 minutes, I DEFINITELY want a blog post about it...with pictures!

JaNae said...

I agree with Lauri! But I also want before and after pictures!

If you weren't having so much fun, I would be sad about missing you on Wed.

I love that you have so many favorites, and I love that Feb is your favorite month. I will think of you all month!