Thank you, Nancy, for this lovely award.It is given when an Attitude of Gratitude is
displayed on a friend's blog.
Pres. Thomas S. Monson said in October General
conference: "May we be found among those who
give our thanks to our Heavenly Father. If gratitude
be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among
the noblest of virtues. Despite the changes which come into our lives and
with gratitude in our hearts, may we fill our days-as much as we can-with
those things which matter most. May we cherish those we hold dear and
express our love to them in word and in deed."
SO, I would like to give this award to
President Thomas S. Monson, the President
of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
for his inspiring teachings and love.
Laurie-not long after her beloved husband died of a long bout with cancer I heard her
say that both he and she would not change the outcome of that experience if it meant
surrendering the things they had learned and the blessings they had received. With the
help of the Lord she has made lemons into delicious lemonade.
Jan-my friend/sister. Our friendship has blossomed into a sisterhood. She has many
reasons to express 'sour grapes'. Her life is not the one she has dreamed of in many ways
yet she continues to look for the silver lining. A few years ago while undergoing tests for
possible cancer she expressed thanks to Heavenly Father for her situation and felt His love
as she did. At a moment when most of us would ask, "why me?" she accepted her 'lot' by
expressing gratitude for what God had planned for her.
Shannon- My darling daughter is delightfully appreciative of the experience of
being a mother of 2 preschool boys. She definitely has her hands full and delights in
every aspect of her day. Often when we are together I marvel at her sweet voice and
patient ways. Corbin (age 4) has some difficulties and requires extra help but she is
always adorable with him.
Lori-My daughter-in-law. She also has 2 little ones. She is views motherhood in an adorable way. She sees humor easily in the crazy things the children say and do. Lori works from home. Both she and Joel have jobs that have been hurt by the lousy economy. She thinks carefully about how to ensure they are safe financially. I admire her wisdom.
CONGRATULATIONS
to all you Lemonade Makers
to all you Lemonade Makers






4 comments:
Thank you for including me. I remember saying those words but boy oh boy this has been a long, hard road at times. I wish I could say that I was a good lemonade maker but sometimes I think it just comes out as sour lemon juice. But all in all, I have learned so much and think I have come out stronger, wiser, and more faithful.
Hello friend,
Congrats on the award...you surely do deserve it.
I have no idea why your font kept getting bigger. Maybe it is haunted??? Just kidding.
Have a great week.... and thanks for missing me at church today. I am feeling better tonight. Maybe by tomorrow I will be well.
Love, Lura
Thanks for the award mom, but I think it really may just be you that sees the lemonade in my life.
Post a Comment