"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Draper Temple

My daughter -in law, Lori and I took Micah (4 years ) to the Draper Temple Open House. He wondered why he needed to wear his church clothes on a Monday. We tried to explain that a temple is a special place but how do you explain to a little one? Micah had been stricken with a bout of silliness lately and I wondered how this experience would go.

The temple is set between 2 mountain peaks on a ledge above the valley, just south of Salt Lake City.



It is beautiful outside as well as inside. Adorning the walls are beautiful paintings and murals each depicting the Savior in various ways. Jesus Christ is clearly the center of the temple.


As we
walked through the rooms Micah would have questions and comments.
He was very curious about the baptismal font sitting on the backs of 12 oxen (he thought they were goats).
Draper Temple Baptism



The instructional rooms had gorgeously painted walls of Utah mountains and valleys in the green summer and the yellow fall.

Draper Temple Ordinance Room

Sensing the reverence and holiness Micah suggested that we fold our arms as we walked.
His most memorable remark was, "this church is cool."
Draper Temple Celestial RoomDraper Utah Temple close-up of celestial room ceiling.

You are right, Micah, this is a cool church. I feel so grateful to be a member of it. It is my dearest blessing to have been married in a temple of God for time and all eternity to the man of my dreams. Pondering the significance of the temple blessings in the life of our family makes my love and appreciation for Jesus Christ boundless. Together with Heavenly Father, He has provided a way for families to return to God's presence to dwell for eternity.
That is truly, "cool."

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Wow, you have been a busy woman. I haven't been keeping up on everyones blogs lately so I have missed out. Please tell me you flew up north and didn't drive. I would be very sad if you had passed us by here in St. George. I do think of you every day in February as you are my Valentine "QUEEN". I would love to hear about you weeks events, I'm sure they will be fabulous as usual.