"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

This day is torture to the heart to consider. After the long night in Gethsemane, the arrest on false charges and the mock trials where liars bore conflicting testimonies against the Savior He was beaten, spit upon and treated in the most brutal fashion. I can't bare to imagine the details of nailing Him to a cross. Let's skip this part. It hurts to much.

If I had been His friend I would have been there; hovering around the cross crying and praying that He would just come down! Christus am Kreuz
Along with hoping my presence would somehow give comfort I would also want to see the miracle that He surely would perform.

Had the prayer I surely would have offered been granted God's entire Plan would have been ruined! This one thought often causes me to say in my prayers, as did Jesus, 'Thy will be done."

Praying Hands  1508-09

1 comment: