"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Monday, April 27, 2009

The truth be told....I was only on vacation for a 5 days but it has been much longer than that since I have posted. Life is busy in wonderful ways. Sitting at a computer isn't always top of my list. Thank you to all who have complained about my tardiness in returning to the BLOG WORLD. Thank you for missing me!
Since I wrote last:
Easter came and went--including Craig and I speaking in Sacrament Mtg. and here are

Some things I want to remember:
Easter Sunday- Craig and I spoke in Sacrament Mtg. Later Shannon and her darlin's came over for dinner and an egg hunt. ( This photo was the week before when we had 4 darlin's for a hunt)


Going to Phoenix to be with Rebecca and her family- We celebrated Ben's birthday,

Slater and Carter's basketball game which was coached by Ben and Steele! It is thrilling to see darling grandsons dribble the ball down the court with confidence. They are certainly following the family tradition!

Also, Carter and Italia sang in their school's Spring Concert!

Driving To sacrament meeting in Phoenix with Carter (8) and Italia (5) in the backseat. Realizing a great moment to testify I told the children that Sunday is my favorite day. I love to go to church. Carter confessed that he doesn't like going to church that much. I asked if he had ever noticed that he feels happier after he has attended church. His reply was, "Yah, I know I'll catch on someday."

Waking up in the morning to the bedroom door opening and 3 little voices saying, "Grandma, we know you are awake!" How do you know, I ask? "Because you are an early riser!" and then, "Grandma will you make me a shake, I am hungry" Here is Italia in Shake Heaven...Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry!

While in Az. I attended Lauren's Open House! What great timing for an Arizona trip.

Babysitting Binky Lovin' Cooper. He was in binky heaven when he discovered the 2 I had in a cupboard. Together with the one he brought with him that made for one in the mouth and one in each hand. Being the nice guy that he is he shared with the dinosaur!


Jury Duty--I was Proud to be an American and to belong to a religion that loves America and considers it a Promised Land. During my service I heard 2 potential jurors use their religion as the reason they could not serve. It made me heartsick. If the world was full of people who believed as they do where would our law system be?

The Third Annual Sisters Weekend was at my home. Suzanne, Cindy and Suzi all evacuated to my house. We talked and talked and laughed and laughed. We ate a bit and laughed some more. It was healing and enthralling. How could I have been blessed with such fun, wise, generous, loving sisters who all live nearby? They are among my favorite blessings.

This is a smathering of what I have been doing lately. Love to you all.

2 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

I'm so glad that you are officially back in town. Janelle and I missed you terribly. Thanks for sharing some of you wonderful holiday happenings. Love you!

Lauri said...

One of these times when you come to Arizona, we have to get together. But I know it's hard to make the rounds when you're on limited time.