Oh...this deserves a post...while doing some planting I broke a pipe!
I was home alone (don't forget). All the possible men that could come to rescue flooded through my mind...then I decided to try to fix it myself...and I DID!
Yes, Craig is home. He drove here with Joel and Lori and kiddos in their van. So, the house is full of adorable loved ones. They left a cold and snowing Utah and arrived in a place where the birds are singing and the flowers are blossoming everywhere. California is a beautiful place to be.
Thursday was a bustle.
Lori washed down the gazebo, lawn furniture and the windows.
Joel installed a little picket fence around the shed.
The children played in their swimming suits with water.
Micah made mud and had a delightful time playing in it.
We gave him 3 separate cleanings over that!
Craig fixed a light.
I hung curtains in the shed, straightened, and quite frankly was bone weary from the past week of work.
SOME PRETTY SPOTS IN OUR YARD
Later in the day, Shannon and her troop came over to join us. I loved standing at the sink looking out the clean window and seeing my yard full of loved ones. Shannon, Lori and Krysta were sitting on the patio furniture talking and talking. The children were playing all around. The fellas were talking and laughing and making plans. Happiness.The sad news however, is that Jan, who was scheduled to fly in at 8:45 pm was caught by a blizzard and unable to come! We are frolicking in the sun and she is in a blizzard. By the time her shuttle notified her that they wouldn’t be able to get her to the airport thousands of other passengers were already rescheduled to future flights causing her to have to wait days to come. So, her 2 week vacation has been cut to a one week one. She will not be here for the wedding!






6 comments:
Everything is stunning! I am one day going to have a "yard" to enjoy. You and Craig have created a lovely haven!
Your yard look gorgeous! I LOVE all the color of the flowers and the "shed" (such a "wrong" word for that doll house) looks darling! The wedding sounds like such a fun event (again, more names I don't know). I'm sorry about Jan missing her flight, etc. Everyone should live in California (or at least, St. George). I hope you all have a lovely weekend.
You have a bit of heaven over there....
Your yard and home are beautiful... and when filled with family it is just a bit of heaven... yep... your own little heaven oasis... that is for sure.
It takes an angel to make heaven out of a plot of land... and a lovely home out of a house... and you and Craig have done that.
No wonder everyone loves coming to visit you... they want to set foot in a little piece of heaven for a while.
I am sorry about Jan.. how sad she can't come until Tues.
Have a wonderful time with the family and friends at the wedding.
I will be thinking of you. Love, Lrua
I wonder how many people will think I was writing about them with the "blog worthy" post. It really wasn't you that I was referring to...I didn't even remember that you had used that term. What about Women's Conference, are you going?
Your yard is beautiful. I would enjoy looking out of my kitchen window at that too.
I'm so impressed that you fixed the broken pipe. I have learned to do a few things like that too...installed a pool vac, repaired numerous sprinkler pipes, and made a repair under the kitchen sink. It's amazing what you do when you have to.
You are wonder woman fixing a pipe all by yourself. Amazing.
I am sad that Jan didn't get out here on Thursday but I'm so glad she is still comming.
The yard looks so great. I thought it look great before you started getting ready for the wedding but it is even more wonderful now.
Post a Comment