"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Basket Full of Miracles and Blessings


How does one Thank Heavenly Father for Bounteous Blessings and Miracles?
From Sunday, March 1st to Sunday March 8th my “cup runneth over.”
It all began with Jan bearing her testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel and her love for Heavenly Father and Jesus. There are so many miracles associated with this little moment in time that an entire page in my journal was devoted to it.

That very day our cousin, Robert, lay desperately ill in a hospital. His kidneys were failing and his diseased liver was barely supporting him. He skyrocketed from the bottom of the list in line for a transplant to the top. We fasted that a liver would become available for him soon. It is a sensitive situation to know that for this prayer to be answered another must die. The Savior did that for all of us. Willingly. Lovingly. He died that we might live. He is the greatest miracle of all.

We had to wait only until Wednesday evening for this prayer to be answered. Robert’s
wife, April, called to say a beautiful liver had arrived so surgery would be soon.
Craig and I were at Mom and Dad’s when these phone call came.

Mom and I were about to leave for the temple and Craig was going to sit with my father who is too weak and uncomfortable to attend. This is where the next blessing was to
occur. Two nieces, (Mom and Dad’s granddaughters) were going to the temple for the
first time. Our family was there in great numbers. Our hearts were so full of gratitude. For Robert.


For Rachel.

For Jammie.
For our family. Heaven smiled on us that night.

Jammie is married to Bradley. She has been a member of the church for a year and a couple of days. She is a bouquet of sunshine.

Rachel and Zack were married on Friday! We are so happy that Rachel is loved by a good man.

Shannon was the florist for the wedding. Our adorable daughter is so talented. She takes beautiful flowers and designs gorgeous arrangements.

I helped her Thursday with her little boys so she could create the bouquets. Friday Craig helped with the boys so she could complete the order. As you can see we have our tricks!


Here is another miracle...Craig changed a dirty diaper because Shannon was under pressure! What a man.!!

Craig and I went to visit Robert and April

at the hospital on Sunday. He looks better than he has for a very long time. We are so happy for them. And reverently grateful that through someone’s death Robert can live. We are sorry for the sorrow of those who lost a loved one and grateful that they were willing to offer a gift of life to a stranger.

The hospital is 10 minutes from Kelli's. So we took April over so she could get a shower and eat dinner with us. Kelli's apartment is stunning.
So is she~

You would think that a week this full would not possibly have more blessings. But there are more than there is time to write. Sharon Kaye gave me a framed quote, which I love, “Life is a series of thousands of daily miracles.” It is so true.

There is one more miracle I must include.
During the week a little book arrived for me in the mail with a note attached. It was from a woman I had begun a conversation with at the beach, last summer, when I noticed she was reading a book Craig and I love, “The Greatest Thing in the World,” by Henry Drummond. In the conversation she told me about another book she loves that is very hard to get. She promised to send me one when she got her order. Can you believe that she would not only remember all these months later yet alone DO what she had offered?

A basket full of blessings and miracles!

6 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

Oh my goodness.... what wonderful blessings.... what miracles!!!

I am so happy that you had such a wonderful week full of so many blessing. That is wonderful.

I too was touched by Jan's testimony. She is such a sweet person. To me, her lovely spirit just radiates all around her. I just love her and I am blessed that you introduced us. Thank you for that.

I am feeling good today... my tummy is behaving again.... that makes me smile... I have had fun working at this and that all day. With no stomach ache I can get so much done... yeah!!

Thanks for sharing all the lovely experiences that you have had this past week.

Have a good eve. Love, Lura

Grammy Staffy said...

p.s. I am so happy that your cousin, Robert got his new liver and is doing well. That really is a miracle.

Stacey said...

It has been an amazing week! It was wonderful to have so many of us together that night with Jammie and Rachel! I am so glad to hear about Robert too!

Rachel and Zaks wedding was beautiful!
...much thanks to Shannon. She is amazing!!!
I love the picture of Corbin and Copper! Classic.

Jan's Blog said...

I am SO excited to hear about your cousin receiving his transplant. I'm praying that all will go well. Your nieces are adorable and Shannon's flowers just precious. How I regret that we didn't make it to Kelli's home last month. I would surely love to see it. Too bad it wasn't Sunday...this would make a great Sunday 6 post!!

Lauri said...

You're so good at paying attention to miracles large and small. I need to be better at that. Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

As I know you're already aware...miracles come to those who believe in them...and, by darn, you do, so of course they are all around you! I'm so happy for the miracles, big and small, in your life and in the lives of those you love. Thanks for sharing all of these exciting events.