Spring is here...at least some days.
The birds are singing.
The flowers and trees are waking from their winter slumber.
We are discovering that some of our plants died in their sleep. We wish that every plant would just 'bloom where they are planted." Alas, if it were so then there would be no need to go to the nursery and admire the beauties there. We love to wonder up and down the rows. We carefully choose which plant should come to our yard to die. Actually, we sincerely hope they will love our yard and flourish.
While walking down the aisle of beautiful annuals I felt like Eve walking in the Garden of Eden. The colors, shapes, fragrances all amaze me. Heavenly Father is very creative.
Craig was on another aisle. I was alone. I was getting hungry. Wish I had an apple. Just kidding.
We worked in the yard digging, trimming and planting. We love to listen to the birds and feel the sun.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday evening I hosted a bridal shower for one of my adorable nieces. Lauren will marry her honey in our backyard at the end of the month. It isn't easy for a young woman to be the center of attention. But she was adorable.
Lauren told us the long version of how she met Jeremy and about their first date and the night he proposed. We were laughing and gasping and ohhhing and ahhhing with her through every episode.
As Lauren opened presents she was able to genuinely express enthusiasm for each gift. Every person went away believing they had given her the very thing she at hoped for and that she couldn't be more excited. She said adorable things demonstrating a quick wit. We all think she could be Kelly Ripa's replacement (Here she is holding the shoe she will wear with her wedding dress. She even has a thing for shoes like Kelly)






9 comments:
How lovely were your descriptions of both experiences. You made me want to be there, and feel like I was there all at the same time. I know your back yard will be a showpiece for Lauren's wedding...and I can't wait to get there next week and embrace both of them. Those are some bright red shoes!!!
I wish I could've been there! I was so sad to miss it... I hate this sickness for keeping me away! Lauren is adorable and her quick wit always makes me laugh!!
...by the way, I wore my valentines earrings to church today and I love them!!
Well it took me way to long.... and I had to turn my sluggish computer off and on again but I finally was able to get to your blog.
I Love the way you make me see the world in a new light. I also went to buy flowers a few days ago. I love flowers but I did not take time to savor it as you did. I rushed in and grabbed my pansies and hurried out. I did not have a garden of Eden experience.... by the way... did you get your apple??? I know that your yard will be beautiful for the wedding. How sweet of you to host that event... and how nice that you are bringing Jan back to attend.
You are special.... every thing about you is nice and sweet. Would you please come back to my blog and go to my link for Plaid. She is really sad today and has so many questions about "why". I just know that with your insight and wisdom you can say something to calm her heart and ease her pain. I tried but I know that you can do better. You always inspire me.
Thank you my friend for being you. It is my blessing to have you for a friend. Love, Lura
Dear Kris,
The blog address is
http://jobs-apprentice.blogspot.com
If that doesn't work you can click the name Plaid in my first paragraph on my last blog post and it will take you to her post.
Also when you get to Plaid's blog the first comment is from The Garner Gang.
http://garnerpartyof9.blogspot.com
I hope that you will hop over to her blog too. This sister lost her second child 4 months ago and she is struggling with having faith and holding on to her testimony.
Both of these sweet sisters are suffering. Maybe something we might say will give them a little comfort and help them to hold on. I hope so anyway.
What a cute post! Your yard looks beautiful, I love all the flowers and their colors. I, too, hope they all flourish and grow. The bridal shower looks very fun, you are a perfect hostess. I also love the red shoes, wish we could see the dress! Hope you have another fun week.
P.S. Our family has been saying for years that we think Kaci could be Kelly Ripa's replacement, she and Lauren would probably be best friends.
I wish I would have thought to wear red shoes when I got married!
Ummmm....Lauren is going to marry Jeremy....not Zack...
But it was a great shower. And your flowers in the back year really do look great! I noticed them Sunday.
I know that! Thanks for finding that slippo. Rachel married Zach. Lauren is marrying Jeremy. I fixed the booboo
Post a Comment