"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your PRAYERS and to fulfill your DREAMS. But He can't if you don't PRAY and He can't if you Don't DREAM." Jeffrey Holland

Sunday, March 22, 2009

How to Books

Don't you just love the scriptures?
Most every morning I awaken early, hopefully while it is still dark. I tiptoe into The Great Room, we call it, to settle into my Scripture Chair. The little hymnal is randomly opened to discover a new hymn for the day. Singing a hymn before prayer is a lovely recent addition to the ritual. The Spirit is sweet.
Writing in my journal is next. Oh, I love to write. Not that I am a great writer but I love to reflect on the day before; the tender mercies of the Lord, the joys of life, and the lessons learned.
Next comes the best part: Scripture Study. For about an hour the scriptures are my life-line to heaven. Beginning the day in this way sets the day in proper order. Even though I am in pajamas I feel dressed for the day in my 'Armor' as I arise change into clothes.

This lovely Sabbath Day I wish to share the scriptures of my heart.
  1. Rejoice Evermore. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
  2. I can do all things through Christ which strengthenth me. Philippians 4:13
  3. For Behold, I am God; and I am a GOD OF MIRACLES. 2 Nephi 25:23
  4. This is the day the Lord hath made; we will Rejoice and be Glad in it. Psalm 118:24
  5. The Lord will wipe away tears from off all faces. Isaiah 25:8
  6. For with God nothing is impossible. Luke 1:37
Only six? There are more; lots more. But, these truly are on my mind daily.
Will you share your favorite scriptures?

1 comment:

Lauri said...

I love 2 Nephi 31:20...press forward with steadfastness and hope...I love the imagery that scriptures creates.

Ether 12:27...weaknesses become strengths. I have seen this happen in my life over and over.

D&C 52:4 To the faithful, it shall be made known unto them what they shall do. That gives me so much peace and a greater desire to be faithful; I need the Lord's direction in my life.

Thanks for sharing your favorites.